The State of Côte d'Ivoire, in its ambition to promote the development and modernization of the National Postal Sector, has undertaken in recent years, the reform of this sector in order to create a truly competitive environment and improve the accessibility of the populations to services of quality that meet the international standards.
In fact, the recent changes in the economic environment, marked by the acceleration of economic globalization and the rapid development of new information and communications technologies, show to postal administrations the need to be modernized and to be adapted.
This led the State of Côte d'Ivoire initiate the reform which aims in particular at ensuring the rehabilitation of the postal sector, creating a competitive environment, enhancing populations’ accessibility to services that meet the international quality standards and guaranteeing the provision of the Universal Postal Service in the country.
The Universal Postal Service (SPU), which is one of the major objectives of the reform of the Ivorian postal sector, is a directive of the Universal Postal Union (UPU) which is defined as "a service of postal services provided permanently anywhere in the territory at affordable prices for all users. "
In order to implement this national interest service, the Government of Côte d'Ivoire has decided to launch a tender to select the Universal Postal Service Operator, in compliance with the applicable code.
II. CONTENTS OF THE UNIVERSAL POSTAL SERVICE (SPU)
The exploitation of the Universal Postal Service is subject to the issuance of an operating license granted by decree. The operating license is granted to a legal person under the Ivorian law on the basis of the specifications annexed thereto and that defines the minimum requirements for the establishment and operation of the Universal Postal Service.
The Universal Postal Service is applied at every point in the national territory; it is composed of the following operations and services:
- The collection, sorting, transport and delivery of postal items not exceeding the weight of two (02) kilograms;
- Postal parcels up to thirty (30) kilograms;
- Services for registered postal items and declared value postal items;
- Printed distribution service for any weight in particular for books, catalogs, newspapers, periodic writings;
- The email service;
- Services and missions of general interest as defined by Article 25 of the Postal Law in force;
- Mandates by the postal system, in particular by card, letter or telegraph, which are the services and operations related to the mail service.
The maximum weight limits are indexed on the standards established by the Universal Postal Union. Any change to these standards by the Universal Postal Union must be followed by the operator which is a provider of the Universal Postal Service after the notification made by the Regulatory Authority.
III - OBJECTIVES
1) General objectives
The State of Côte d'Ivoire, through the Regulatory Authority of Telecommunications / ICT Côte d’Ivoire (ARTCI) intends to grant, after Tender, the operating license of the Universal Postal Service (SPU) to an operator, to ensure people's access to postal services of quality and in particular to improve the coverage of localities within the country in adequate postal infrastructures.
That operator will be in particular in charge of:
Ensuring the penetration of postal services within the country by realizing from 2017 to 2026, seven hundred (700) points of contact distributed over the national territory;
- Improving the quality of service in terms of delivery time, in compliance with the relevant provisions of the current postal code in force and its subsequent legislation (Decree No. 295 / MPTIC / CAB dated June 10, 2015 on the program of universal postal service and fixing minimum quality standards for services provided under the universal postal service);
- Promoting local services with affordable prices;
- Setting up a technical platform to ensure the interconnection of postal networks of other licensed operators;
- Introducing innovative products and services, in particular:
Issuing administrative documents to populations
Setting up services for the operation of e-commerce
Promoting financial inclusion for the development of postal financial services.
2) Objectives of Call for Expression of Interest
This call for expression of interest is launched to carry out the screening of the legal persons interested by the provision and operation of the Universal Postal Service (SPU) in Côte d’Ivoire, able to achieve the objective described in point 3.1.
The operators selected after the first phase of this call for expression of interest will be called, in a second step, to submit an application file accompanied by an offer based on the project of the specifications of the operator of the Universal Postal Service, to be obtained to the Regulatory Authority of Telecommunications / ICT Côte d’Ivoire (ARTCI).
IV- CONDITIONS OF ATTENDANCE
This call for expression of interest is for the companies under the Ivorian law, which have or with partners, a proven experience in the postal sector and have administrative, technical and financial resources to implement the Universal Postal Service in compliance with Articles 8, 12, 25 of the Law No. 2013-702 dated October 10, 2013 and the relevant provisions of the texts of the UPU.
V- EVALUATION OF THE PROPOSALS
The screening will be based on the awareness and ambitions freely displayed by the parties and analysis of the records.
The screening criteria include the financial, technical skills and experience in the postal sector.
VI - CONSTITUENT OF THE FILE OF THE EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
All parts of the answer file to this call for expression of interest must be entirely written in French and must contain the following elements:
- The letter of expression of interest;
- The corporate name, full address;
- Certified financial statements of the tenderer for the last three years
- Professional references in the postal sector;
- Attachments, if any, for verifying the statements of the Bidder;
- The trade register;
- The tax declaration of existence.
VII - DATES OF SUBMISSION OF THE EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
The expressions of interest must be submitted by email, and accompanied by the signed original paper documents at the address below, no later than August 23, 2016 at 17: 00 local time, to the ARTCI.
The contacts are the followings:
• Single window of ARTCI located at the headquarters of ARTCI in Marcory Anoumanbo, Abidjan.
• Mailing address : 18 BP 2203 Abidjan 18.
NB: Incomplete or late files will be rejected.
The General Director of ARTCI
Last Updated on Thursday, 27 October 2016 11:06